Sunday, June 07, 2009

interruption

On the way back from ipoh I watched an amber moon play hide and seek behind the clouds.

This isn't a chapter 3. I intended to record my memories of Sydney here, not every last detail/day (that would get boring) but the most memorable and significant little moments, medium-sized events et cetera. But as the days wore by and the weeks plodded along, the urgency I felt immediately following my return faded. This isn't surprising. Memories get worn around the edges and begin to fray. Which is why I wanted to record them before they faded - because I know they will and I wanted to have something ready to hand to remind me - press refresh.

But now, and maybe this is because time has passed, I am content to just let it be. I don't feel the urge to record right now and the words won't come. So consider this an indefinite pause on that project. If a Chapter 3 comes, it comes. If it doesn't, that's fine too. Because sometimes not recording and just allowing it to fade is, upon reflection, as it should be. They aren't lost. They will just remain wherever they choose to be. And in those rare moments when they flash into my head, the way these memories do, the rarity of the occasion will make them precious.

-----------------------------------
Effective immediately, I am taking a break from non-essential human contact. I need to withdraw. People are beginning to wear me down again.

No comments: