Friday, September 05, 2008

socially acceptable addictions pt.1

lip balm is my crack

and i've found a new dealer: http://mylipstuff.com

seriously, 400 plus flavours? ooohh... and they actually do smell exactly like the description given. i ordered a lot of 10 (excessive, yes. justified, yes. now go away, i'll put them to good use. and they're cheap! and this is my new way to destress - online shopping cause i'm tied to my desk grumble grumble, stupid thesis..) a couple of weeks back and this is what i got:

vanilla ice cream (wearing this now. yum! it's like having a maccas (McDs to you) softserve icecream perpetually under my nose)
almond
mango
cherry pie
caramel sundae
white chocolate raspberry
peaches and cream
strawberries and champagne
strawberries and chocolate
french kiss (this caught my eye cause of the name but the description sounded delicious too: bourbon, apricot, grenadine and lemon - who am i to walk away from boozy lip balm?)

and they threw in a free one too - mixed mystery which is a mixture of godknowswhat but it smells like cherries to me

as for the lip balm itself, it's fantastic. it's untinted and actually slightly glossy, goes on like a dream (like buttah!), doesn't just sit on my lips like some do, and is all natural. which is to say that there's no petrolatum or nasty petroleum by-products in it. just sunflower oil, beeswax, cocoa butter, sweet almond oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, avocado oil, aloe vera and essential/ flavour oils. the ingredient list sounds almost like a salad to me.
the website even has vegan lip balm which swap out the beeswax for candellila wax. there isn't much flavour to it, it's just scented to me but i suppose that's a good thing otherwise i'd be literally eating my own lips. i'm already eyeing more stuff on the site. it's less than 1/5th the price of the stuff i've been using (lush, philosophy) and just as good if not better (cause it's natural!!). and the choices... love! honestly, some of the labels alone would get me: 'a little S&M' anyone? i want the mood balms now - stressed, naughty, fiesty, hungry (actually that would be good for SL)

if anyone is reading this, you now know what i'm going to be giving out in december

I'm on a vanilla kick right now. I'm craving vanilla chocolate and wearing Lush's American Cream scent. It's the warmest, most comforting scent I have come across and like Lush things in general is so much more than just one flat note. It's distinctly vanilla but kinked up with layers of clary sage, a bit of lavender, a bit of honey and just a hint of fresh, slightly tart strawberries. I wish they used this scent in more things instead of just a conditioner and solid perfume because it soothes me and seems to calm me down. it sends a message to my brain: step away from the edge.

ok, ditzy post over.
- back to our regular programme of thesis-related complaints now -
(yay, E is coming tomorrow! chirrup!)

No comments: