Tuesday, October 21, 2008

done

yeah, it's done. it felt surreal yesterday, to not have it in my hands anymore, to know that it was complete. the work of almost a year and by far the biggest thing i have ever done.
'empty nest syndrome' my cousin called it.

But today it feels good. To finally have the time to do what I want without feeling guilty for taking precious minutes away from it.

So I made truffle scrambled eggs.

Remember bills' scrambled eggs? The silky texture without a trace of hardness in the eggs? :) I got it perfect today (and without the 1/2 cup of cream too)
nyam

I now have to clear off my desk and clean up my room - papers, journal articles, chapter drafts from march through to the final full draft in october, LIBRARY BOOKS (two trips)
I'm going to spend the next month of so doing (almost - because I'm being good) everything I've meant to do since March. And I'm also in the mood to cook for the first time in months. Maybe I'll set up a cafe with my sisters and use my thesis as wallpaper. Hmm..

And no, no plans to do a PhD. Or to turn my thesis into a book.

2 comments:

Bangsar-bAbE said...

Cafe? Do I get to eat for free? *TRUFFLE scrambled eggs perhaps?* :P

jeen said...

truffle scrambled eggs if you find me locally-grown truffles!
they won't be on the menu but I might keep a private stash